Student Health Counseling Services: (314) 362-2404
- Dr. Allyson Bass, Staff Psychiatrist
- Dr. Kenton Wertman, Staff Psychologist
- Dr. Rimiko Thomas, Staff Psychologist
Student Health Service: (314) 362-3523
WUSM Security & Law Enforcement: (314) 362 – HELP (4357)
Dr. Lisa Moscoso: (314) 362- 6843
In the community
Local hospitals include:
- Barnes/Jewish Hospital: (314) 362-9123
- Missouri Baptist Hospital: (314) 996-5225
Hot lines and advocacy
YWCA Women’s Resource Center program is available free of charge. The mission of the YWCA Women’s Resource Center is to provide support and advocacy to victims of sexual assault and abuse within the St. Louis metropolitan area, to help coordinate services provided to victims, and to serve as a resource on issues regarding awareness and prevention of sexual assault and abuse.
- YWCA St. Louis Regional Sexual Assault Center – 140 N. Brentwood Blvd. St. St Louis, MO 63105, (314) 726-6665
Other resources include:
- Rape and Violence End Now (Raven), 314-645-2075
Individual and group therapy for men who abuse women physically or emotionally.
- Hotline, (314) 531(RAPE)-7273.
Offers crisis intervention at hospitals (Sexual Assault Response Team). Counseling is at no cost to the client. Therapy peer groups are also available.
- Women’s Support and Community Services, (314) 531-2003
Offers a 24-hr. crisis hotline for women who have experienced physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Individual counseling is also offered.
- Crime Victim Advocacy Center, (314) 658-4357 Offers a 7 day, 24 hour hotline for victims of all types of crime. Provides emotional first aid, information and referral
- Life Crisis Services, (314) 647-HELP (4357) Offers a 7 day, 24 hour hotline, especially for suicide prevention. http://www.providentstl.org/Home.aspx
- Text “help” to (314) 226-1147
- If you are having thoughts of suicide or feel suicidal, call for help immediately. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255, call 911, or go to the nearest emergency room.